Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Musics Arabic

Taxonomy

(I answer, this blog, a few questions that I did from another, which I have detached weather permitting)


I was reviewing the levels of reading comprehension and some authors barret taxonomy, which avalanches. I can not find it on this taxonomy. why is it called Barret. if the name of a person or what. I would like to have the direct source on the subject. Greetings and success (Joaquin)


I would like to know where to find books on the reading comprehension as I think interensante barret. (JESSICA)


hello, I read your work and I found very interesting. I would like to examine the subject, to improve student understanding in my methodology, I'd appreciate literature about gifts to document. (Nadia)


I am doing my thesis on reading comprehension, taking as reference the barret Taxonomy. I'd like to support with materials and literature of the subject. (ALEXANDRINA)


(on item: http://mundomagico.obolog.com/taxonomia-barret-75570)


The original is in English literature and a book to me been difficult to obtain, for the moment, but I have found information in the book "Reading: theory, assessment and development" and Philip Alliende CondemarĂ­n Mabel, Editorial Andres Bello, 1993, Chile


Like you, think through their taxonomy can make a more objective assessment of the level of understanding can have a student as not only Target the type of questions such as the literal mining and even the basic inferential. Through the questions we can evaluate the analytical, reflective and critical of the student body which is not always an exact answer because it depends on the perception of the assessed and also allows you to respond freely using his personal right to focus issues which is a way of promoting democracy to respect the ideas that my colleagues can say.

I can think of an example:


" was three o'clock in the morning and Robert sped away in his red Ferrari, apparently was not carrying anything. The streets were deserted and a light rain was felt "


extractive or literal What would be related to :


What time did he leave?
What was the name of the character?, etc.


The inference could be :


Do you think that Robert was in a hurry?, why?
What socio-economic belong Robert?


The analytical, reflective, critical, could be :


Where is directed Robert cres?
What would be the average age of Robert?
If you had a Ferrari, what would you do?
Did well to get out at that hour?, Why?
Is it good to go too fast?


As you can see the questions in the latter group require further analysis and can not only be an answer, but several, which will depend on the consistent argument made by the student. For example, if you face the question: Where do you think who was going Robert? ( keep in mind that car brand speaks of socio-economic status, the red of his youth, and said that he had no bags or suitcases ) Could not answer:


"I went to the hospital because he felt bad", "your work", "a party", "to buy something to eat or drink."


could be a tentative answer: "I went to the airport to pick someone in your family" , and logic tells us that this is possible by the frequency of flights, however, if he said "I went to the airport because he was traveling "no longer have the same coherent force, because one of the data that gives me the text is that Albert did not carry any baggage. However, we can not pigeonhole not a single answer because the imagination and ingenuity of the students we can surprised more than once.


Hence the importance of reading assessment through Barrett's taxonomic model that enables us to assess the level of understanding of student from various dimensions and not only through literal questions that are almost mechanically. Have students thoughtful, analytical, critical depend on us to the extent that our academic activities to develop these capabilities.



Thanks for reading


Manuel

0 comments:

Post a Comment